The Consortium for the Advancement of Remote Sensing
Science Working Group - Leader: Alexandra St.Pé (RWE)
- Empower the wind energy industry to achieve data-driven answers to persistent RSD use hurdles
- Leverage open source science and tools to build consensus and establish Best Practice Frameworks for Stakeholder collaboration
Flow Correction - Leader: Scott Wylie (ZX)
- Provide data-driven validation of methods used to correct RSD measurements in Complex Flow.
- Demonstrate typical flow curvature bias based on terrain complexity and roughness, and create a standardized correction methods.
Site Suitability - Leader: Alexandra Arnsten (NRG)
- Develop tools and standard methodologies for correcting RSD Turbulence Intensity biases when compared to anemometers and RSD’s.
Power Curve Correction - Leader: Peter Stuart (RES)
- Formerly the Power Curve Working Group
- Improve the modeling of turbine performance in real world wind conditions.
Power Curve Testing - Leader: Dan Bernadett (UL)
Guidance Working Group - Leader: Andrew Hastings Black (Vaisala)
- Socialize existing Standards and Best Practices to the broad industry: investors, IEs, OEMs, and developers
- Clearly identify areas of improvement for acceptance of RSD via surveys and outreach
- Recommend areas for improvements RSD method improvement to Science Working Groups
- Amplify findings from Science Group via open-source documents and publications; drive consensus on new Best Practices